Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Sean Brown x The Council of Fashion Designers of America [INTERVIEW]


Toronto's very own Sean Brown sat down with CFDA to discuss Compact Disc rugs, wearing Sean John like it's Prada, life evaluations, and answers if his work's been picked up by any museums, and if not, which ones he'd hope to be in one day?

Sean Brown: For me, the real win is seeing younger people and younger Black creatives caring about their spaces at home now. I’m not necessarily trying to be a part of social constructs and institutions anymore. I look at a lot of things holistically. Many arts you see in museums are stolen from us, and then they charge us to come to view them. Now I say that, but I can’t sit here and say I wouldn’t be appreciative or honoured to see my work in a museum. I wouldn’t turn down a chance to be a part of that, but I would want to be a part of the narrative.

Read the full interview HERE.

No comments: