Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Is It Logical To Believe In God?



I know I usually hit you up with magazine covers, music videos, and sneakers, but this is one of those moments where I dare to stretch a mind or two while I do the same. I just finished viewing a very "spirited" debate that plays to the season of things currently...i.e. as we say "Happy Holidays" publicly as opposed to "Merry Christmas" and as films like Religilous take a poignant yet common-sensical view point as it comes to religion. Given the acronym of the site, I would imagine some of you probably thought I'd be hitting on this things like this a long time ago...

Do skeptics, agnostics and atheists have anything in common with people of faith? The recent popularity of books on both sides shows many opinions but not much evidence of similarities. Theologian Michael Novak, author of No One Sees God, argues that believers and nonbelievers often share experiences, including times of doubt. Does doubt lead to disbelief? Does faith always involve leaving reason behind? In this Beliefnet Blogalogue, skeptic and journalist Heather MacDonald, takes on Michael Novak in a lively discussion. Join this conversation about faith and doubt, belief and reason, and whether there is common ground for believers and nonbelievers.

Read the rest of the story here. Video here.

No comments: