Monday, August 31, 2009

Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" 71-week Chart Run Makes History [MUSIC]

Mr. M-R-A-Zeee!

I stumbled upon this Jason Mraz a few years back after reading an article about the pop pioneer, and have been a fan since the first song I heard; "Curbside Prophet". Fast forward and most of you have undoubtedly heard the infectious "I'm Yours" perhaps seen the video?

The geeky crooner has gone on to make history his story...and I have a few friends (one in particular...JB!) who will be delighted with this news.

AP NEW YORK — Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" has had the longest run on any song in the history of the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

The tune has spent 71 weeks on Billboard singles chart. It first charted in May 2008.

Mraz's hippie-friendly jam has been around even longer. He has played it on tour for five years and says fans at live shows always responded differently to it – and that inspired him to release the song.

The 32-year-old has spent the last two years on the road promoting his latest CD, the platinum-selling "We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things." That time on tour has been documented to "Jason Mraz' Beautiful Mess - Live from Earth," a live CD/DVD out Nov. 10.

The previous record-holder was LeAnn Rimes' late-1990s hit, "How Do I Live." It lasted 69 weeks.

___

On the Net:

http://www.jasonmraz.com

http://www.billboard.com

No comments: