Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Oculus Superyacht

I was watching The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen the other day and was mesmerized by Captain Nemo's ship the the Nautilus. I've now discovered for a cool $100 million I can get my own mini version. Kind of...
If had the means to buy myself an enormous luxury superyacht I'd have a hard time deciding between something sleek and discreet and something trendy, modern, and ready to make a statement. The Oculus Superyacht is the new flagship for Schöpfer Yachts and would fall into the second category, with such futuristic styling it barely looks like a yacht at all. 250 feet long, the exterior design is inspired by the creatures of the sea and is meant to represent a large jaw and eye socket when open. Interior features include 2 levels with luxurious 12 foot ceilings, a cylindrical double height dining area, and room to accommodate up to 12 guests comfortably.
Via Luxist

1 comment:

Homegrown said...

Yes! So it does exist. I never would have thought. Superyacht...how fitting! "And room to accommodate up to 12 guests comfortably." lol that thing looks like a Cruise ship!