Thursday, September 11, 2008

Love Lockdown...final version?

I have done 1 or 2 posts on this song, but now 'Ye posted a studio version of the record on his blog. I am little reluctant to call this the final version, as I hope it isn't. The hook is a little sketchy as the levels are much lower than rest of the song...I am also not sure if it is completely mixed down. All that aside, I like the song! Heather has it nicely packaged up on ZShare...
LISTEN/DOWNLOAD

UPDATE* Apparently the album is entitled "808's & Heartbreak" as opposed to title "Good Ass Job" that I had made reference to in an earlier post.

LATE UPDATE* ...this just came to me...perhaps the song is done as is as some sort of analogy for being flawed...human even. This in context of the relationship he is, dare I say, singing about. Rough around the edges, finding your voice etc. ...am I over reaching here?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This song sucks.

I like the balloon though.

JB said...

The concept is something people can relate to I think...it's heartfelt, hence the balloon...lol

I think if it were, for instance, someone like Kenna, or even Chromeo to an extent, it would garner a lot less criticism...

Hat's off for testing the water...I would say it still needs some tweaking.

Unknown said...

he's not testing the waters, though. that's why i don't like the song. kanye is usually, in my opinion, a lot more creative than this.

it's nothing more than a catchy hook.

fail.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.