Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today 7 Years Ago...

I was in high school at the time, and I remember being in class when we heard news that a plane had hit the World Trade Center tower. We immediately postponed studies and began watching coverage on the television. The class watched with sheer astonishment...this before the amplification of what is now known as "terrorism" was simply terrifying. I know life can become pretty depressing when you start thinking about all the horrible things that have happened and are happening in the world, but on a day like this, I find it very humbling to be able to reflect on fortune I have amassed in life experience and love. My sincerest condolences to anyone who has lost loved in this horrible incident, and I can only hope that world can begin to be steered in a better direction.

Award-winning photojournalist James Nachtwey has put together a series of photographs for TIME that captures some of the most sensational moments on this day 7 years ago... More pictures after the jump.


Read more.

















No comments: